4/25/10

Kentucky Trip: Days 1-3

Day 1:
Not a lot happened I got up at 5 to be at the school at 6:30. Or so I thought at about 5:50 I get a call from my DECA advisor asking where I was at. Turns out I was suppose to be at the school by 6 so my mom took me to meet the bus at a road closer to our house. Then we got to the first airport and went through security. After that we got on a tiny plane and flew to Chicago. At the Chicago airport we all got food. Then an airport worker tried to get us to leave two of the people in our group because there wasn't room on the plane. But our advisor threw a fit so they got to come with us. After getting on the plane I slept until we got to LOUISVILLE!!!!! We then road a shuttle to our hotel. When we got our room keys me and my roomies hung out in our room for the rest of the day.
Day 2:
We got up and went downtown. We planned on going to the Louisville Slugger Museum but we were hungry so we ate first. We ate at T.G.I. Fridays then headed to the museum. We walked for a couple blocks and one of my roommates sort of got hit on by a creepy black bum. Then we finally figured out we were going the wrong way. So we turned around and went the way we were suppose to. By the time we got to the museum it was time for us to head back to the bus. So we headed back and got on a bus to our hotel. When we got to the hotel we hung out for a while then got ready for opening session. Before opening session we went to our state meeting and got some awesome free light up glasses. Then at 8:30 opening session finally started. I thought it was never going to end, it was so boring. Near the end there was a fashion show of new styles teenagers designed it was really cool. Finally we were dismissed, but then we had to wait forever for a shuttle to take us to our hotel. I got seperated from my roommates and I had forgot my room key so I had to wait an extra 30 minutes for them to get there. I felt like a total loser. Once they came we all got into some more comfortable clothes. Then we put our project boards together and went to bed.
Day 3:
So today we had to turn our projects into our judges. We went to the expo center and turned them in. Then we got on a bus and went back to our hotel. After changing we waited for a bus so we could bus hop to downtown since there was nothing headed straight there today. We missed like 3 buses before we finally got on one. Then when we got downtown we headed straight to the Slugger Museum as we were walking it started to rain. At the museum we just went to the gift shop and bought some souvenirs. After we ate at Subway and went back to the hotel. Finally at like 8:45 we went to Dairy Queen and got some dinner. Now we're all hanging out in the room doing homework. So I guess I better get back to mine or I may just go to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment