4/22/10

Kentucky Trip: The Night Before

Okay I know it has been like 8 months since I posted but I been kinda busy with school and other activities. Anyways, this year I join our school's DECA club (Distributive Education Clubs of America). In this club you do a project then present it to judges and there are 3 different levels: districts, state, and nationals. So me and two guys in the class decided we would do a project just for fun thinking we wouldn't get very far. We ended up making it past districts and on to state. At state one of the guys on my team got sick so he couldn't do the project. I had meltdown when I found out because I was nervous enough already. I just wanted to quit right then and there, but my teacher wouldn't let me. After I calmed down my partner and I decided we would just have to wing it. At that point we didn't care if we made it to Nationals or not, we just wanted it over with. We reorganized our presentation and then presented it to our judge. My partner and I both felt we did really good for not having our other partner with us. We still didn't think we were going to Nationals, though. The next day we went to the awards ceremony. When they got to our category the called up the top 8 and to our surprise we were in it. Now only the top 4 get to go to Nationals. We wait for everyone to get to the stage, then they named the top 4 and we were in it! We so excited, well sorta, I wasn't really that big on going to Nationals. See it is the same time as our school's baseball tournament and I keep the book for all the games so I didn't want to miss it. But after tons of thinking and my partner talking about how fun it would be I said I would go.
So that's the story behind this post because tomorrow I leave for Louisville, Kentucky at 8:05 in the morning. I am both nervous and excited. I'll be there for 5 days and will be posting every day that I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment