5/2/10

Kentucky Trip: Days 4-6

Well since I've been home since Wednesday I guess it's high time I tell you guy about the rest of my trip.

Day 4
We got up and had to go present our project to our judge. My partner and I went over our project a few times since we had not done so since the state competition. Then we headed off to the convention center where we would be presenting. We first had to find the room we would be in and then we had to wait a while before we presented. When we finally got to the judge we presented the best we could. Our judge didn't seem very interested so we figured we weren't getting any further. So after that we went back to the hotel and just hung out in our room for the rest of the afternoon. Then that evening we went to a Lady Antebellum concert which was amazing.
Day 5
Once again we headed to the convention center to go to the mini-awards ceremony. We waited patiently for our category. Sadly (not really) our names were not called. So we went back to the hotel and happily spent the rest of the day in the hotel preparing for our trip home.
Day 6
We got up the next morning and finished preparing for the trip home. Then at 12 o'clock we head down to our hotel's lobby with the other students that would be on the same flight as us. Then at 12:15 we all got on a bus and headed to the airport. Once there we went through security and all that fun stuff. A little while after that we were finally on the plane to Chicago. Then at the Chicago airport we had a two hour layover during which I watched four episodes of Big Bang Theory. Finally we were on the plane home. After an hour long flight we landed and I was so happy to be home.

So there's how my trip to Kentucky went. I had tons of fun but I do wish I would have gotten to go to Churchill Downs to see what it looked like right before the big Derby.

No comments:

Post a Comment